Anglicanism: basic principles and present day realities
This article is devoted to the research of modern Anglicanism, analyzed in the context of historical and cultural phenomena of Reformation, stages of its evolution and its peculiarities in cult and in dogma. The reconstruction of the main dogmatic principles content of this religious trend are accomplished, the ritual practice and the institutional principles of the Anglican Church specificity, the peculiarities of its functioning in English socio-cultural and multidenominational area and in the context of interchurch dialogue in contemporary Christianity are revealed. The author stressed that the Anglican Church in England occupies a leading place, executing the functions of state church of this country and taking part in social activity. On the basis of the literary sources analysis the attempt to investigate the peculiarities of the Church of England and Anglicanism in the modern world was made. The place of Anglicanism in existing religious diversity and also the religiosity position of the English people, their religious preferences are determined. This article also presents Anglicanism as a conversation over time amongst a community of people held together by sets of practices and beliefs. The position of women bishops into the Church of England was also analyzed.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
1. Buchanan C. Historical Dictionary of Anglicanism / C. Buchanan. – The Scarecrow Press, Inc. Lanham, Maryland, Toronto, Oxford, 2006. – 243 p.
2. Chandler A. The Church of England in the Twentieth Century / A. Chandler. – UK.: Boydell Press, Woolbridge, 2006. – 528 p.
3. Chapman M. Anglicanism. A Very Short Introduction / M. Chapman. – Oxford University Press Inc., New York, 2006. – 157 p.
4. Church of England’s first female bishop named as Libby Lane [Elektronnij resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/17/first-female-bishop-named-libby-lane-church-of-england-women. – Nazva z ekranu.
5. Cobbett, W. History of the Protestant Reformation in England / W. Cobbett. – London: TAN Books, 2010. – 406 p.
6. Compendium Of The Social Doctrine Of The Church [Elektronnij resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://www.slideshare.net/chitoA/compendium-of-the-social-doctrine-of-the-church. – Nazva z ekranu.
7. Jensen M. Sydney Anglicanism: An Apology / M. Jensen. – Kindle edition, 2012. – 194 p.
8. Kaye B. An Introduction to World Anglicanism / B. Kaye. – Cambridge University Press, 2008. – 276 p.
- There are currently no refbacks.